Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I was running codes on my car today and i was interrupted after finishing the KOEO codes. They were: 1) 181 - Right side still lean, at richest adaptive limit, during part throttle. 2) 186 - Injector pulse width longer than expected. 3) 189 - Left side still lean, at richest adaptive limit, during part throttle. Could anyone tell me what this information means or how to resolve the issue? And could the injectors spraying too much fuel (injector width longer than expected?) into the engine cause the engine to flood and lose power like I was talking about in past posts? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I would start by unplugging the electrical connectors from your injectors on the passenger side and check the resistance across the injector terminals with a digital multimeter. Each injector should read somewhere between 14-16 ohms. Most of the time they will be 14.9 to 15.1 if the injector is good. The code 186 could mean that the injector is stuck open either by electrical fault within the injector or the injector could be dirty internally causing it to stick open.
You could also do the same for the drivers side just to verify those injectors while you're in there. You do not need to relieve fuel pressure or disconnect fuel lines. Just remove the upper intake from the lower intake and you'll have plenty of space to take your readings.
After doing that, remove your oxygen sensors and just look them over to make sure that the vents on the sensor cover (that actually comes in contact with exhaust gases) are not clogged with soot and are not overly blackened. If the sensor is blackened, use a propane torch to clean the sensor surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts