Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking at a mustang this weekend and need some info.

Its a 94GT with 5.0 Cobra motor, trans, and 9 inch Ford rear end.

Tthe owner told be that if u turn sharp to the left, the front tire rubs the rear of the fender slightly but doesnt know why...Any ideas? I goggled a little and some people were recommending adding spacer. Some said the tires might be too wide. I can switch rims and tires just dont want something major wrong with the front end or the frame etc.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also with 90k on the cobra parts and everything else in good condition how much would u value the mustang?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'd say $4500 in good shape...5K at max. What size tires are on the front? Why the 9" rear? 8.8" are plenty strong. The 9" will probably hurt you more than it will help.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sounds like the tires are too big in front and/or the car is lowered.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check on the tire size when i go look at it this weekend. Not sure why the 9". But it can always be changed.

What size tires are on the front? Why the 9" rear? 8.8" are plenty strong. The 9" will probably hurt you more than it will help.
I will also check if its lowered.

What all do u guys check when looking at a new car? Any tricks or test?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
is the 9" the same width as the 8.8" that may be the problem....Did you ask the owner why he wasted his money on a 9" rear end.....dont get me wrong they are nice and strong but at the power level of a cobra motor its not needed.....what year did the cobra motor come from and have you verified that it is what he says it is ? be careful man you dont want to go buy a car with an engine (that you think has a real cobra motor in it) then it turns out that it just has a cobra intake and valve covers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He didnt put the car together he bought it this way and than figured out that driving it 60mile a day wasnt going to work with the price of gas...Im working on verifying everything. Any good site with vin decoding and location of all the numbers i should check.

Also any idea on the wheel size being too big causing the rubbering?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts