Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the whole mustang scene just wondering what are the best gears to put on my mustang..to add power and what other mods should i do to start with..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recommend 4.10s. They give your car a ton of torque and are the best bang for your buck. Exhaust and cold air induction are also upgrades you should start with right away that are affordable.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gear choice has to do allot with what you do with your car. If your like most and drive your car regularly on the highway and street and it's a 5 speed then most guys will tell you 3.73's are the one's for you. It's what I've had in my car since I've owned it. Most say if you have an auto then the 4.10's are the ticket. Now, if you rarely see highway miles then I'd go for the 4.10's with the 5 speed.

·
Registered
594 Posts
It all depends on your driving style, how far you drive to work, etc.
Personally I like taller gears because they stay in the power band longer.
My dads mustang is a 5-speed and even with 3.55s 1st gear is QUICK.

As a general consensus though..most guys will recommend 3.73s or 4.10s for an auto and 3.73s for a 5-speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

thanks for the info.. by the way its a 5speed already have exhaust, air intake.. mostly use it on the streets minor highway miles...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also have a gear question. I might be buying a 95 and i have a set of 373 gears for my 91, is my gears going to fit in the 95?thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have 3.73's and love 'em, again it depends on your driving style

·
Registered
594 Posts
I also have a gear question. I might be buying a 95 and i have a set of 373 gears for my 91, is my gears going to fit in the 95?thanks
Yes. 99.9% of gear kits fit 79-04 mustangs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts