Modded Mustang Forums banner

94 Z-28

717 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  00redgt 
#1 ·
A Frind Of Mine Just Rebuilt His 94 Z-28 (lt-1) Automatic. He Put On Lt 3" Exhaust, Mild Cam, Ported Stock Heads, All New Valve Train W/ 1.6 Roller Rockers. He Is Wating To Get It Tuned. His Stock Gear Is A 273. He Is Wanting A 373. How Will My Stock 04 Mustang Gt 5 Speed. Line Up With Him.

#6 ·
I think you will lose. I raced against a TransAm All he had was exhaust. off the line he spun tires and I was able to lock up and got him by 2 cars. Towards the end he was catching up.

I also raced a Camaro SS idk what was done but off the line we where even for a split second and when he went into 2nd he was gone By the time I was getting into 3rd he was 5+ car lengths ahead. Those SS are nasty. When ever I see a Z28 or SS I try to stay away lol. The TransAm I will try against. I was told TransAms are very heavy is that even true? even compared to a Mustang GT.

#9 ·
give him one flat tire and you will win :D

#10 ·
My buddy ran a 14.2 with about the same setup but its a tired 6spd and we are at high altitude. For comparisson, my car was running 14.6 with minor bolt-ons and 3:73's

#14 ·
I have a 2001 Mustang GT. I raced a L-82 vette with 4" pistons and exhuast. idk much else about it. But I beat him and I was completely stock then(mufflers with tips) but I idk try fo sho!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.