Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to be honest, i have always been into cars but not like now. I recently started tearing the the engines down and building them back up and things like that and I can't really compare 2 different engines because of my lack of knowledge but my friend has a 95 gt with trick flow stage 1 heads, cam and intake and some other stuff done to it. I know 95's are heavy but I was wondering who would be faster cause all I hear him say are mach's are slow which I know is false first hand. I have flowmaster exhaust and recently put that RAI on it that I posted about a while back. Who do you guys think would be faster or is it hard to tell?

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I would think it would depend on what kind of build he has. But if its not too radical then the mach would win. Those 5.0s are turds but can be made into beasts relatively easy.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if he doesnt have much more done, and you have decent tires, youll take him, best way to find out is to race him, then youll know

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Well you would have smoked him before you put the chokemasters on.
:tomato

J/K. You should run him pretty easy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
me and the guy were going to run last night but the "dusting" they called for turned into 3 inches. the exhaust was actually on there when i bought it but it sounds pretty decent. i woulda gone with slp probably but oh well. gives me stuff to spend money on down the road

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Depends on what kinda cam, and intake and "others" he has. You are pretty much stock so a 13.4 should be pretty easy to find in youre car. At least thats the best i could ever do with a catback and drop in k&n filter. Some may prove me wrong. But just saying. a 94-95 with a top end kit will do 13.0's. even high 12's. So dont count him out. Should be fun either way. And where do you live that you get "dustings" and 3 inchs of snow and STILL drive the Mach?? haha

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha well, i washed the car yesterday morning cause it was a nice day out and the news people said like a 30% chance of a dusting so i didnt think much of it cause it wouldnt have stuck to the roads but when i got out of work there was 3 inches and it took me 5 minutes to get out of the parking lot so im lucky i didnt wreck lol. missouri has weird weather cause today it was about 50 so idk

he has the trickflow stage 1 cam, heads and intake as for other things im not sure. i raced an srt-4 that has ran a 13.2 and 12.9 and got him from a dig to 100 by about a half of a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts