Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 GT but i bought a rear end out of a supposedly 95-96 cobra. it has the 3.27 gears and is shorter than my old one.. now my question is that does this rear end contain the forged internals, bc i went to the track today and someone said that i might have the reinforced axles or something in my rear, or Ford might have stopped earlier than 95. if anybody knows about this or even what im talkin about can ya help me? lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope... i didnt care bc i was in despirate need of a rearend... and the rearend doesnt have the vin tags on it anyway.. is there a vin number somewhere else on it? and why wouldnt it be compatable? and that still didnt answer my question

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh... well thats another story lol.. if i wanna upgrade to more splines i just order them for the 94-98 mustangs :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so does anyone know if the parts are stronger in the 95 rear ends? stock... vs a like 98 rear end components

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Mustangmatt96 ran 10s in the mountains with a bone stock rear end

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
at 13.9 you dont need to worry about your axels.....they are fine I dont care where you launch it....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well actually 95stang i havent updated my time, its a 13.5 at 102 but thats still kinda stockish... but i plan on boosting it this summer coming with a turbo.. so theres my plans :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts