Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i rev the engine it makes a noise once it reaches 2500 rpm. I listened up close to it and it seems like its coming from near the steering pump, probably the pulley because i removed the belt and started the engine reved it up and no noise came out..

What do you guys think it is. i dont want to buy the parts before being more sure in case anyone has had this problem.

i posted the video on the link below i didnt know how to embed it sorry

View My Video

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Easy check for the belt or not is take it off, start the car and give it a rev. If it makes the noise then it's not the belt

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
819 Posts
They make a tool you can rent from most parts store to pull the pulley. Which makes it easy to remove although time wise both require the pump to be removed. So that's up to you.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I would just do the whole thing just in case and I'm not to sure without my buddies fox here to reference. Once his comes out of storage I'll be tossing pics up like a madman lol.

Sent from my XT901

193 Posts
Pumps are cheap. No reason to go through the the things internals.
I picked up a bunch of parts from a guy last spring, I spent $20 for his power steering pump.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
im thinking of buying a 1994 gt 5.0 all stock. when i rev the engine to about 2900 there is an audible knock , is this due to bad fuel or something else, and is there any way i can tell the differance ??
Start your own thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts