Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mustang is coming back from 2 years of storage 1 1/2 years of driving and 2 more years of storage. I'm selling the wifes stratus and putting the money into my stang. I should be able to get about $4K or maybe a little more but I'm looking for advice on upgrades. I have CAI, bassani off-road x, american thunder cat back. I want to stay N/A but get as much bang for my buck as possible with daily driver reliability. I have to put a new fuel guage sending unit in the fuel tank so I am going to upgrade my fuel pump while i'm in there. I was thinking of stroking to 347, getting H/C/I. I have a engine building shop at my disposal and enough fabricators i can get anything custom done that i need... Also is there anything i should just replace because it may have gone bad. Got about 120K miles on it. Any advice, part selection or different directions i should focus on would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Get a centrifugal blower and its fine for a daily driver, best bang for your buck :)

Procharger, vortech, novi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know a blower would get the job done but i would rather stick with a natural aspirated application. Then maybe eventually step up to forced induction or nitrous.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
I was thinking of stroking to 347, getting H/C/I.
You can do that and then add a blower. If you're definitely going to do a stroker build, select the appropriate H/C/I parts with that in mind. Building a 380rwhp 347 is the easy part. The only thing is that when you then add a blower, you'll be in stock block-splitting 550rwhp territory so if you're ultimately going to take that route, you'd be well advised to use a stronger aftermarket block as the foundation for your 347 build to begin with.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
if you are only getting 380HP out of a stroker I am sorry but something is wrong. and 4 grand might get you there if you dont have to pay labor and buy used parts. I am in 10 grand with my stroker, and some upgrades and stall for my tranny and thats without labor. I went with FordStrokers.com 331-347-393-408-418-427 stroker kits and ford parts. and got my CHP rotating assembly, trickflow cnc' d heads (some extra $$ on the heads) track heat intakes, jay allen cam, and supporting mods....I still need suspension, tuning, and some decent tires

FordStrokers.com 331-347-393-408-418-427 stroker kits and ford parts. Camshaft Innovations - Home these will help you, and great guys with a lot of knowledge.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
if you are only getting 380HP out of a stroker I am sorry but something is wrong.
Easy there tiger. He hasn't built it yet. I suggested 380rwhp (1.1rwhp/ci) as an easily attainable figure with a forced induction-friendly modest CR. If he wants to keep it N/A and reasonably streetable, he could shoot for an 11.0+:1 CR and 410+rwhp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts