Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd post this here since there is way more traffic in this section than the 302 one.

As some of you may know I plan to swap a sbf into my new edge. I found a 95 gt for sale an hour away for $600. It was in a minor front end collision , still runs and drives but was written off through insurance so it would cost more than it's worth to fix and inspect to legally register again.

I'm thinking I'm going to go pick it up and use it for my parts car for the swap. At only $600 I figure I can recoup most of my money if not make a profit by parting out what I don't use.

Thoughts?

I'm going to withdraw some Bitcoin to pay for it so it technically won't cost me much as I've had that sitting since 2013.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have fun when the block splits. Lol

Not using the 302 out of the car. All I want is the wiring to be able to run a 351 in the black car. A stock roller 351 will support my goals for the next few years.

Got a trailer lined up. Going to pick it up Saturday.

Ironically this is almost a year since I sold my red 95 gt roller but it didn't have an engine. Also ironically it popped back for for sale a couple days ago for $2600. I sold it for $1500 lol

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Should also mention that I'm probably going to pick up a 93 351w efi to use the block off of.

Depending on how much I make off parting out the GT will determine how crazy I go with the motor build.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So tired of the v6 huh?

Haven't ruled out a stripped interior 95 with new edge electronics and a turbo split port :shiftyeyes.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I bought the car, trailerd it home on the weekend. Runs really well. time to start tearing it apart.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I listed the front bumper locally for free just to see if anyone could use it before I cut it up and threw it out (its damaged). And some lady calls me acting all interested and I talk to her for like 10 min and turns out she thinks I'm going to give her the whole car for free. Haha. Don't know how you could miss understand an ad that says "damaged front bumper 94-98 mustang, come take it or its going in the garbage at the end of the week"

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Made about $1200 profit so far, negotiating a deal to hopefully buy another 95 gt tomorrow. slightly less crashed, clean title. driveable in current condition. $1k

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You've gotten $1800 off selling parts off of it? What have you all sold?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Someone else beat me to the other GT

You've gotten $1800 off selling parts off of it? What have you all sold?

Trans $350

Rear end brakes & spindles $700

Seats plus a couple interior panels $320

Center console and some other panels $200

Side skirts $100

Ecu $100

I was surprised at how quickly everything sold. I had most of it gone in the first week.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

The car was totally complete when I got it minus one headlight. Not much left now.

Took the dash out last night. What a bitch.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just coordinated a deal for tomorrow. Selling my blown 2v the stock 302 from the 95. A bunch of 95 interior parts, the k member and acquiring a brand new 351 trick flow upper and lower / roller 351 shortblock and I'll actually make a little bit.

Involves 4 different people but works out nicely for me lol.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts