Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been looking for a new instrument cluster for my GT because the trip and odometer are busted. the current one is a 120mph. i have found plenty of 150mph clusters on ebay. i read that the 120s were only for the V6 and 150s were for the V8. i read that a 120 cluster to a 150 cant be done. is it possible that it had a 150 and got swapped to a 120? i thought maybe i have a V6 stand converted but the VIN shows it to be a true GT.

thanks

Posted in 5.0 94-95

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
you dont need a whole new gauge cluster. I had to replace my odometer gears on my 98 v6 its very easy to do.
mustang odometer gear | eBay
Look for one with both the main drive gear and worm gear. PM me if u need help.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Id go with what mayosailor27 said. How much are the gears from him? I bought my gears for like 30 bucks off of ebay

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
But yea thats strange that it has a 120mph cluster. I wouldnt worry about it but yea I would just get a new cluster or an overlay.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your input. figured out it has the wrong cluster in it. its ment for the V6 stangs. the tac is different as with the speedometer. i found a new cluster on ebay and am now looking for a speed-cal.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Your welcome and idk if u will need a speed cal with a whole new cluster but Ive never swapped clusters so im not sure. I will look into it. If u have any other questions feel free to ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts