Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have always wanted a 1995 mustang. I was hoping for a GT, but a Cobra? Come on, an 18 year old can't afford a cobra. Well the opportunity came up that one of my good friends was parting with his car. I fell in love with this car the first time a had ever seen in. It truly was love at first sight. I had always badgered him about finishing the car. but it sat for about 3 years. No engine, no transmission, faded paint, etc. She needed to be rescued. He finally came to the conclusion to selling the car and I was the first one to his door. Car is complete minus a motor and transmission and a few little odds and ends. Plan is to have it on the road by summer of 2015. Well here are some pictures of the ole girl. But wait, this isnt just another cobra. Whens the last time you saw a 1995 Rio Red cobra with cloth interior? Chances are you probably haven't. Wanna know why? This combination, there was only 85 made. Yep, 85.

The night I went to pick her up:

On the way to her new home:

Cleaning her up in preparation to start surgery:

Surgery begins:

Started swapping out the old springs. The top were sportlines, but some dumbass got a hold of them. I sure you can tell what they did to them. Put cut C-Springs in it out of my friends bullitt.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well for now, seeing as how I'm only 18 and in college, I'm going to be putting in a mild 302. Gt40 heads, rockers, cam, intake, etc. Then hopefully around next Christmas an on3 kit. It's going to be kind of slow for now, but I'm going to do what my budget allows for now. I'm going to see how long it takes me to break a t5 for now lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well for now, seeing as how I'm only 18 and in college, I'm going to be putting in a mild 302. Gt40 heads, rockers, cam, intake, etc. Then hopefully around next Christmas an on3 kit. It's going to be kind of slow for now, but I'm going to do what my budget allows for now. I'm going to see how long it takes me to break a t5 for now lol
Sounds like a good plan! Those gt40 builds can be fun! And an on3 gt40 based cobra on 10+ lbs of boost is beastly! Epic chills are imminent!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 95 cobra only had exhaust and aftermarket plug wires and coil on when i got it. I put a new clutch, 3.73's, drag radials, aluminum drive shaft, bama tune, cai on it and started eating t5's. Went thro 4 and finally saved up and pit a tko600 in it. Blew them all on the street to... heavier car with more power and the tires are what i think did it. Hope you have better luck with transmissions then me lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sweet! Ur build is coming along nicely. It'll sound real good with that xpipe.

So what all do you have left to gather for miscellaneous pieces that you need?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need a lot of stuff lol. Just picked up a crank today, yesterday i got a set of bullitt pedals for my birthday from my parents. need to order rings, and figure out the top end. Anyone know whether or not i would benefit from a stage 2 cam with a set of 170cc aluminium heads? Im really leaning towards the stage 1 trickflow. Ill get some pics in a few minutes of the parts that I have so far.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Followed. One of my fav cars ever is a 95 rio red cobra, guy is a cool dude too. Procharged 347 car.

This thing is immaculate. You could eat off the undercarriage.

And FWIW, I haven't broken my t5 yet, with about 2000 miles of abuse making 370 ft/lbs at the wheels.
And a 302 probably won't like making a ton of power for very long. They tend to go boom lol

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Are you going to run 94/95 specific accessories? I have a red 95 gt roller im going to put an engine in over winter too.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts