Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to ask the guru's here on how hard it would be to take a 95 GT (which was hit in the front) and take the 331 stroker out and put it in a 99? Are there a lot of compatibility issues? Tranny/rear/stuts/electronics/mounts/etc....I appreciate your comments on this...if your asking why? Its because I can pick up a 99 extremely cheap right not, and my 95 was hit in the front, if its to much, I'll look for another 94-95..thanks for your time

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wanted to ask the guru's here on how hard it would be to take a 95 GT (which was hit in the front) and take the 331 stroker out and put it in a 99? Are there a lot of compatibility issues? Tranny/rear/stuts/electronics/mounts/etc....I appreciate your comments on this...if your asking why? Its because I can pick up a 99 extremely cheap right not, and my 95 was hit in the front, if its to much, I'll look for another 94-95..thanks for your time
Everything should swap over easy... just get a 5.0 K-member and put that in the 99 GT and swap over everything from the 95 including your gauges, computer and harness.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Everything should swap over easy... just get a 5.0 K-member and put that in the 99 GT and swap over everything from the 95 including your gauges, computer and harness.
i dont know if i would call that swap easy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can and use the K-member from my 95 if its good? Iwannagofast, your right, this doesnt look all to easy!

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i tihnk u'd have to use the tranny as well.........

i don't think the t-45 bolts up to the 5.0

·
Registered
444 Posts
i dont know if i would call that swap easy
Well it certainly wouldnt be impossible either... its easy in the since that there wouldnt be any welding or cutting Once he gets the right K-member for the 99, everything he has on the 95 should swap over without much issue... there will be work involved but I dont think he'll need alot of asprin for this swap, its not like hes swapping everything from his SN95 into a Miata or something.

·
Registered
444 Posts
can and use the K-member from my 95 if its good? Iwannagofast, your right, this doesnt look all to easy!
You could use the K-member from your 95 if it wasnt damaged... this swap is easy in the since that you arent swapping everything into a completely different car like a miata or something lol though there is alot of work involved, the SN95 is basicaly the same as the New edge except the tranny mount may or may not need to be relocated but if it dose just look at where it bolts up at on the 95, measure where the holes are at and drill them in the same spot on the 99.

Just think of the 99 as the prettier twin sister out of the 2 cars and everything that you need, or could use from the 95 swap it over.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I think you should sit down and really think about this. Theres alot more to this swap than meets the eye. The most important question right now is, is the car a GT, or 3.8L V6?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think you should sit down and really think about this. Theres alot more to this swap than meets the eye. The most important question right now is, is the car a GT, or 3.8L V6?
even if it was a V6 shouldnt he already have everything he needs on his 95 for the swap? It is going to be pretty involved but when youre talking about modding, fixing or swapping what isnt? if this guy has some help and is good with a set of tools he should be OK I think... My brother and I helped one of our friends with a 94 V6 to 4.6 V8 swap and that wasnt so bad...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Consider this for a moment. A GT already has the correct struts and springs for a V8, so all he would need to swap is the K-member. If he purchases the right K-member, he can use the 99 a-arms, spindles and suspension. The 3.8 on the other hand, will not have the correct suspension, and he'll have to make provisions for the right springs and struts (assuming he keeps the stock a-arms and spindles).

Another thing to note, is the GT has hydroboost assisted brakes, as where the 3.8 does not. If its a GT, he needs to modify the PS pump to accomidate the hydro assist (this is also assuming he uses power steering) If he doesnt, he needs to convert to manual brakes. This is just getting started. The fuel systems on both cars arent the same either. With the 3.8, he could actually keep the pump and lines and all the wiring, and just tie it into the 5.0 computer and fuel rails. The 4.6 is different, it uses a different a wiring harness, and fuel line layout.. so the fuel pump basket will need to be changed, and all the wiring because the 5.0 (331) will be running in return-style configuration. Theres alot more to this than you realize... im just scraping the icing off the cake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts