Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the wheel hub assembly on the Drivers side of my 1995 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 and I was wondering if anyone knows what size that center Nut is to remove the Hub from the spindle? I would rather not buy a whole socket set when I probably won't use that big of ones again.

Secondly I need to change the balljoints on the same car both sides. Anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to do them? Never done balljoints before, I know I have to press them out and back in, but as far as what all has to be disconnected from the car to get the balljoint out? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
This is a general idea of how to replace a ball joint on a Ford product

As to the spindle nut size, some auto parts stores have sets of sockets that they will rent or just measuring the nut with a steel tape will be close enough. 36 mm is a common size. The spindle nut will probably need to be removed with the wheel in place and sitting on the ground using either a long breaker bar or air tools.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
36mm socket.
Might as well do both sides as well. Hub assembly is cheap enough. I've seen them anywhere from 40-65 bucks, from ford.

They should come with a new hub nut. Only use the new one, and torque to 250lbs. Its Uber tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts