Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off new to this forum. Just a quick run down. I have a 98 Cobra, built motor (forged) with allot of other good stuff. This yr I installed a V1 S-trim, fuel system blah blah. Currently non cooled. Made 430-404 during a 85* day with high humidity. I just got a VMP 5000 slot maf with a hpx aluminum straight housing, tial q50 bov with 2# spring, and got the CX racing intercooler kit for the 94-04 mustangs. Minus having trouble getting my newly painted front bumper off I have some questions. I know the route I want to go I will need a 3"-oval coupler and a extra 45* pipe. Either I am overthinking this or I am just not seeing something but I would like to know how some of you are mounting your IC? Any good build threads? I assume the lines running across the radiator are power steering lines? Do I leave them where they are or bend them out of the way? Really really looking for a build thread with pics to see how this is all mounted. Much appreciated

·
Registered
594 Posts
I notched my bumper crash bar for the IC and reinforced it with a welded in piece of steel across the top. I used the reinforced crash bar to hang the intercooler. Then I cut the foam to allow airflow to the cooler. Managed to stuff a 12x24 4 core intercooler using this method. The power steering cooler lines stayed in the stock location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notched my bumper crash bar for the IC and reinforced it with a welded in piece of steel across the top. I used the reinforced crash bar to hang the intercooler. Then I cut the foam to allow airflow to the cooler. Managed to stuff a 12x24 4 core intercooler using this method. The power steering cooler lines stayed in the stock location.
Would you happen to have a pic so I can get a visual?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts