Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey 1st, I am new to the forum and needs a lil assistance please. I have a 96 cobra that I recently placed the alternator on. One I am having trouble finding where the black and white wire is connected to since it was stripped and just sitting in the loom. Another issue i am having is the new alternator is not charging.

Well at least not at low rpms. Just last night it dies out on the highway and i had my friend come down and jump the car. I was told by ford not to worry about the battery light being on due to the wire that's not hooked up. that doesn't seem right to me. Anywa I noticed when I have the car around 3500 rpms the battery light goes off and the in dash voltmeter moves. Can anyone enlighten me on a fix or is this just the second bad alternator I got from a ford dealership.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
plenty of views but no replies...any suggestions? please.. i've read existing threads and still got nothing..hell can anyone at least tell me if that wire just sits there?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
if there is a wire in the alt harness that isnt connected to something it should be obvious where it SHOULD go. there will be an empty spot on a harness plug/empty terminal on the alt

i dont have a wiring diagram for your car so i cant tell you exactly where it should go, but a little wire tracing should help you solve the problem.

if the battery light wasnt on before you changed your alt then something didnt get hooked up right when the new one was put on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts