Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 96 Cobra motor that I am using in a non-Mustang project. I am curious if anyone out there knows of any other Mustang years or Ford models' headers would fit the 96 motor. I have limited space to work with, thats why I am looking for alternative headers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I currently have a 96 Cobra motor that I am using in a non-Mustang project. I am curious if anyone out there knows of any other Mustang years or Ford models' headers would fit the 96 motor. I have limited space to work with, thats why I am looking for alternative headers.

Thanks!
The 99-01 headers will fit it for sure. Mark VIII ones will too, but the drivers side is huge, has a cat attached.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need to look for DOHC specific or are all 4.6 the same? I was also looking towards shorty headers from explorers/expeditions/f150's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Do I need to look for DOHC specific or are all 4.6 the same? I was also looking towards shorty headers from explorers/expeditions/f150's.
Wont work, has to be DOHC specific. The 2V uses a round port and the 4V uses an oval port.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts