Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, brother just bought a '96 cobra from our cousin in N. Carolina. It has a 5 speed manual trans, flow master exhaust, pillar gauges, Vortech SQ trim supercharger and i believe SCT. Not exactly sure what else is done to it. I'm very familar with SCT...i've been running one on my 6L powerstroke for the last 6 years and installed custom tunes on other trucks and even used one on a 2008 roush 427R. I got VMP tunes for the 427R, but who has good tunes for the 96-98 mustangs? A place down in S. Carolina did all the work installing the supercharger and tunes on the car a handfull of years ago. So not exactly sure who's tunes or even know if they are custom. I guess there has been a CEL on the car ever since the supercharger and programmer has been installed. Supposedly the car is estimated to have near 500hp. The car is currently in N. Carolina and wont get up here to New York till spring after winter is over. Let me know what you guys think...thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
seems like a nice car. i think im a little confused with the question here. are you asking what we think about the car or about the tune? if it were me id send to get dyno/tune from a reputable mustang tuner in your area. they're all over the place

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
If the car is in NC have it taken to Fastlane Motorsports in Benson for a retune. They can defiantly get it sorted out for you.

·
Jedi
279 Posts
If theres no local shops theres always BAMA and Steeda tunes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright guys...brother borrowed my truck and went down to NC and got the car. No dyno close in my area. But who would be the best to get tunes from for this year cobra? It has a boost and A/F gauge but the A/F gauge doesn't work all the time. Any write ups on gauge install on these year cars? Might also add a fuel pressure gauge. Any tips or any thing special needed for the install?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts