Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
keep in 96-98 forums please.
anyway i got a new kenwood radio from my buddy with a 89 5.0. i havent every hooked up a radio before but i know wires are colored to mean where they go. my question is can anyone get pics of which tubes of wires i need to open to get which wires. should i just open them all?? i am never selling my mustang so i dont have to worry bout putting the stock radio back in. also is there a black(ground) wire in the tubes or should i just bolt it to the dash frame? please post pics if you can i am a visual kinda person.(just easier) :) thanks guys

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Not sure but if these are the same as the '96 because i just did one on mine. They person that had it before me he cut all the wires in the back including the big gray one, i may be able to find a wiring diagram if its the same?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
the diagram that came with the headunit is the same colors as the wires in the dash. U should mount the housing to the dash frame to keep it from being loose and rattle around. Sorry no pics of the installation but i just did mine not too long ago.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i had changed my head unit and used a plug and play addapter it plugs into the factory plug on one end and the other ends are all labeled and just need to be spliced together radio shack is where i got mine,

·
Registered
678 Posts
i had changed my head unit and used a plug and play addapter it plugs into the factory plug on one end and the other ends are all labeled and just need to be spliced together radio shack is where i got mine,
That is the right way to do it. Go to any place that sells aftermarket radios and get the correct installtion kit. It will make installation a breeze and should be problem free.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Go to crutchfield and buy the install kit. its like $20. If you have the mach system, its like n extra $15 for the adapter. if you have the mach, an aftermarket headunit, makes a difference of night and day

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have found the adapters available at local stores like best buy and auto part stores and reasonable ~ $10. Check it out in your area. I put in a aftermarket sony in my mustang 2 years ago - plug n play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts