Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 GT, I got 3k to play with so far to build a motor... Due to dumbazz x gf torching my 4 wheeler... Im happy though, I didnt have to try and sell it...lol... I'd like not to supercharge or NOS it... Strictly internal components... I got all winter to build it. She'll be parked... I would like mid 11's... I hear 4v and 3v stuff or should it be a 5.4??? the 3k will goto the block first... just askin cause I dont know much about these modular engines... :eek:

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
If you are saying you are gonna spend 3k on just the shortblock then I would look into big bore if you want high hp N/A. obviously big bore 5.4 4v would be the best platform to start with but it will more than ring out your 3k budget on just the shortblock. Another option is a 4.6 big bore or stroker or big bore stroker short block. components should be forged crank,rods,and pistons. And if it's gonna be a N/A motor then flat top pistons so you can get higher compression.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
whos got the best deals on stroker short blocks these days?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
D.S.S has stroker shortblocks and kits fairly cheap too and it's good quality stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
start with a teksid block, in good shape and decent miles, 03/04 used svt h beam rods, cobra crank and a good set of pistons. those blocks can handle 1k hp no problem.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
What's the goal with the car? Aluminum block will shave a lot of weight off the front end, so if this is a handling car, that'll help. If it's just a straight line car, you can save money by going iron block, and put that into more hp mods.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
start with a teksid block, in good shape and decent miles, 03/04 used svt h beam rods, cobra crank and a good set of pistons. those blocks can handle 1k hp no problem.
if he doesnt plan on going over 600, a cast crank will work

·
Registered
923 Posts
+1 on the teksid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts