Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mustang just started doin something very odd, she cranks up like a kitten, then slowly bogs back down and the battery drops.. i just cleaned the terminals purdier then a kat on kitnip.. but the thing is if i drive a lil its like it something catchs and it goes back to idling just find, or if i get on it on a little it'll go back to idling fine. if not whenever i come to stop she starts to slowly but surely cut off dropin down slower n s lower till she poops out. But yet she will fire right back up with no problems. Im taking it to the shop tommorrow was hoping to have a lil bit of something intellectual to tell the guy about the problem. I also heard a weird whistling sound under the hood. mayb a vac hose? drive belt going bad? help me out gurus

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
im thinking a TPS (throttle Position Sensor) if that is bad, it will tell the wrong % the throttle body is open. And if it reads wrong it will tell it to idle at the wrong times. THat would be my guess being that ur hearing a whistling under the hood. Its probably sucking in more air than normal because the TPS is reading in correctly.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet, i was just hoping it wasnt the dang alternator. its going into the shop in the morning hopefully i can everything all cleared up , i miss being able to drive the pony.

btw how do you "clean" the iac sensor just take it out and wipe it with a wet cloth or is there some special spray or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts