Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 mustang gt it lost all its power so i cheacked the plugs and when i pulled the 1st and 2nd one so far they have had oil running off them does anyone know whats wrong with it or have ideas and help will be appreciated.... thanks in advance

·
Registered
300 Posts
is it oil or fuel? smell them and see if they smell like fuel. U could either have worn piston rings or leaking injectors or ur deff not getting enough air into the combustion chamber

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have done a compression check on the first 3 cylinders and so far they get up to like 150 but they all leak down

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I have a 97 cobra with oil on the plugs. Def watching to see what happens with you

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
the same thing is going on with me-- oil psi is good, doesnt over heat, has a slight knock now (****), oil is clean, oil on two of the plugs, very low on power.

·
Registered
115 Posts
no joke, driving down the road it's easy to run over a plastic bag.
If you get 150 psi when doing a compression check, your compression is good, leaking down is normal depending on ring gap. Bad oil rings will let oil by the compression rings and into the cylinders. Does it smoke, miss, oil level, More info on whats going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts