• HELL YEAH!! What are you stupid?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again.
Been a while since I’ve been on here. Sold my 96 4V swapped GT in 14.

long story short, I was doing work on someone’s house when I spotted a cobra sitting next to the neighbors garage. I stopped over to ask her about it.

She bought it new in 97, drove it for 8k miles and it’s been sitting there ever since. She had mentioned the possibility of trading a new roof on her house for the cobra. Which would definitely be in my favor price wise.

but my question is, with it sitting that long, what could be wrong with this thing internally? I’m imagining the brakes are going to be pretty well done. I can see they are rusted almost solid, the paint on the roof has 2 dish sized rust spots, asdo the right fender and rear quarter right below the small window. It’s gonna need tires, all belts hoses, full time up and fluids, bushings, maybe shocks, Clutch and much more to make sure it’s good.

but the major concern is the motor. Yeah the interior is mint, still smells new, engine bay looks mint, paint is done in said spots, but I don’t wanna have to put a new motor in this thing and ruin the one owner, 8k mile all original barn find damn near.

mans one more question, what would this thing realistically be worth? All the online sites, with mileage input,are giving ranges from $5k - $15k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello again.
Been a while since I’ve been on here. Sold my 96 4V swapped GT in 14.

long story short, I was doing work on someone’s house when I spotted a cobra sitting next to the neighbors garage. I stopped over to ask her about it.

She bought it new in 97, drove it for 8k miles and it’s been sitting there ever since. She had mentioned the possibility of trading a new roof on her house for the cobra. Which would definitely be in my favor price wise.

but my question is, with it sitting that long, what could be wrong with this thing internally? I’m imagining the brakes are going to be pretty well done. I can see they are rusted almost solid, the paint on the roof has 2 dish sized rust spots, asdo the right fender and rear quarter right below the small window. It’s gonna need tires, all belts hoses, full time up and fluids, bushings, maybe shocks, Clutch and much more to make sure it’s good.

but the major concern is the motor. Yeah the interior is mint, still smells new, engine bay looks mint, paint is done in said spots, but I don’t wanna have to put a new motor in this thing and ruin the one owner, 8k mile all original barn find damn near.

mans one more question, what would this thing realistically be worth? All the online sites, with mileage input,are giving ranges from $5k - $15k.
Try Hagerty for a valuation tool. Regarding the engine, does it turn or is it locked? FYI, if you don't get a lot of action on this site to your post, try at SVTP or the SN95 sites.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll check all that out thanks.

as for the motor, I didn’t try to spin it over by hand as I didn’t have any tools with me. She was gonna try and crank it over and I said not to.
If it’s been sitting for that long, a cold attempt at cranking could do unnecessary damage.

but regardless if it need motor work or not, I think I’m still gonna get it. For a cost of about $3500 to me is what the trade will work out to.

I think that’s well worth some motor work for an extremely low mileage one owner cobra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts