Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today went and looked at/test drove a 1997 Cobra convertible. It has 78,000 miles, manual, black leather, black top. There is no damage to it what so ever except for a small scuff of the bottom of the rear bumper, which I am almost positive would come out with a wet sand and buff. I really didn't think I would like a vert, I mainly just drove it to get a feel or that model cobra. Well I like it alot, it already has a light bar which I think really adds to the look of a vert. He said the lowest he could go on it was $10,200. If I get it I would have to sell my car first obviously, but I cant decide if I should get it, ac cobra coupe, or just stick with my car. Any opinions? What could it run stock on the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is asking 10,200 but I could probably get it for 10,000.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
it looks clean enough for 10,000. I paid 10,000 for mine 2 years ago. plus finance charges which bumped it up to like 11,700:mad:

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
IMO it would be worth it because if you bought it you would have a grin from ear to ear everytime you drove it! I didnt like the fact that my step dads 03 Cobra was a vert but then It grew on me n now I love it! plus when you mash the gas it just about pulls your skin off your face so that helped in the growing fonder of it aswell! :lol

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The top looks almost brand new, so i's been takin care of.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
whats the guys name and phone mumber you might be gettin it from lol and where is he located please

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More than likely I wont get min sold in time. My mom told me she would feel safer if I got a coupe, but I haven't seen one around here.

·
Registered
217 Posts
looks amazing. and u wont complain about it bein a convertable when u start seein the chicks drool haha :D. but yeah its definately worth $10,000. go for it!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope still have to find some sucker to buy my car first lol. I probably wont end up getting it, every time I want to sell my car no one calls on it, but as soon as I'm like I'll just keep it 5 people call and I'm like where were you a week ago?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I was smart I would wait so I have have graduation money to use too, that would mean being patient though and I'm not. I mean all I ask for is to go fast and look badass doing it lol. Is that asking too much?

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
well if your younger than 21 the insurance would hurt being a cobra vert n all...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea. its not bad on it just being a cobra, but when you bring the vert part in it hurts lol.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
yeah geico state farm and farmers wanted to stick it to me and charge 300-500 a month and finally we got a cool allstate agent that worked with us and got it down to 150 with 2 cars on there and one was a 4x4 jeep and the other my cobra with full coverage!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm 21 and I think my car full coverage is a couple nickles a year for full coverage.

It's all in how good your agent is to you. Shop around for insurance forever. If you are on your own plan: good luck. If the car is packaged into the entire family plan then it can be snuck in there nicely.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts