Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replacing stock clutch. got all tranny bolts out but 1. and that 1 is stripped. if ur familiar with the bolts it is the one on the passenger side dead middle. bolt head rounded off. any ideas how to get it off

·
Registered
26 Posts
I stripped the same bolt and used a bolt extracter that I bought from home depot. Took quite a bit of work but it eventually came out. You can also buy the kit from sears but its like 60 bucks.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I stripped the same bolt and used a bolt extracter that I bought from home depot. Took quite a bit of work but it eventually came out. You can also buy the kit from sears but its like 60 bucks.
+1 i used this when i stripped my lower caliper bolts. Works like a charm and i had the bolts off in 2 minutes tops compared to my hours of trying vice grips and other random ass methods lol.

You just need enough room to bang this socket looking thing that bites into the bolt and grips it like no other. The kit comes with a bunch of different sizes too and is a godsend lol i got the nice craftsman one for 60$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts