Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title read a 97 mark VIII with 4.6 32v
what would it take for that 32v to go into a 99gt.

96-98 cobra intake
96-98 cobra ecu
tune.

is that it or is there somthing missing.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Long story short i have been thinking of building a 4V and went to the yard to pull a 97 Mark motor today but the prices went up on the engines and i was a lil short so i just grabbed the intake.But the InTech intake manifold like the one i got today will also work with the Mark Air intake tube...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just make sure you have the computer from the 97' Mark 8. If you don't you wont have fulll potential over 3k rpm.

The heads on the 97' have two intake ports and the second one only opens up at 3k rpm. So without the mark 8 computer or some kind of tune it would not work.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I'm doing the same kind of swap, but I'm using a '94 Mark VIII. Get everything you can from it. Computer, throttle cable, hoses....

The Mark intake will work, but it's a pretty poor design. An SN95 cobra intake is your best bet, but they are kinda hard to come by. A lot of people shorten the runners too on these.

I'm pretty sure your stock GT tune won't work because of the IMRC running four valves instead of two.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just make sure you have the computer from the 97' Mark 8. If you don't you wont have fulll potential over 3k rpm.

The heads on the 97' have two intake ports and the second one only opens up at 3k rpm. So without the mark 8 computer or some kind of tune it would not work.
Most people delete the IMRC's on those years anyway. All you need is a set of 4.10 gears and you will have counteracted the IMRC's. The Mark VIII computer is really going to screw you up. It has so many electronic items on it that you will get check engine lights out the wazoo. Another option is to wire in an RPM window switch to control the IMRC motor.

I'm doing the same kind of swap, but I'm using a '94 Mark VIII. Get everything you can from it. Computer, throttle cable, hoses....

The Mark intake will work, but it's a pretty poor design. An SN95 cobra intake is your best bet, but they are kinda hard to come by. A lot of people shorten the runners too on these.

I'm pretty sure your stock GT tune won't work because of the IMRC running four valves instead of two.
Yeah, the pre 97 intake sucks a big one. The stock GT tune will run the engine just fine with the IMRC's wired open or gone, or closed. So, once again, if you are dead set on having the IMRC's, then wire in an RPM window switch.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
just get the imrc deletes..
you will also need to extand certain parts of ur wiring harness such as ur IAC sensor.. and some of ur COP wires..

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i still dont know whether im doing the mark swap. or the 5.4 2v swap.

foot work comes first. im just lookin to see what my options are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts