Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both coupe n manual completely stock
how would a quarter mile go between these cars?
some guy with a 98 cobra keeps saying shyt how his shyt is hella fast all stock n will smoke me by like 3 car legnths. n i keep telling the guy u gotta cobra its cool its not like im hatin but dont show off. n we bout to hit the tracks n see how bad i get beat by lol. just wanna get some info from u guys. his is all stock except he got flows and mine just has the stuff thats on the sig and i have 2 10s for some extra weight lol

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
u ever race a ls1 maro? it'll be like racing it again with a mustang body, there older but still fast

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope never lol. how badly will i loose? lol

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
he will defiantly pull away from you the longer you race. Hes stock about where you would be with cams and some mild bolt on's. Hes got RPMS too

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Anything done to his car? If you can beat him off the line and out drive him, then you can win. It's not like those cars are a whole lot faster then your GT stock for stock.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope hes stock no engine mods. so i guess ill just have to get off the line better than him lol.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn lol. only thing wrong with that guy is hes a show off lol gotta get him on the line on the 1/4 mile.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Quite a few years back when my GT only had minor bolt ons I put down a few more hp than a stock sn95 Cobra at a dyno day

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is minor bolt ons in your way of thinking cuz some peoples minor bolt ons are like 20 mods lol

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Looks like that is a high 13, low 14 second car bone stock. Get some sticky tires on the rear and launch that car hard as hell out the hole and shift the gears like a madman. It appears to almost be a drivers race with an edge going to the cobra but it's not impossible to beat him.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
what is minor bolt ons in your way of thinking cuz some peoples minor bolt ons are like 20 mods lol
Intake,exhaust, Under Drive Pullies,Throttle Body,Plenum. An SCT or Diablosport Predator tuner is another good addition.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm that actually makes me feel better haha..but im pretty good at launching my car and shifting at the right spot so as u guys say i might be able to get him.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Intake, tb/ plenum, exhaust and a programmer tune

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok kool. is 4.10 gears hard to install? i just ordered some so jus wondering. im pretty good with mechanical stuff.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
That will defiantly help also. Hardest part of gears is setting up the shims and getting your mesurements correct. Other than that everything is pretty simple teardown and reassemble

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
just launch hard and wind-out in third. i beat my teachers camaro ss that made over 100hp than me by not spinning tires and hitting shifts at the right time.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yeah, I had a guy with a V6 tell me how fast his car was too, and that he'd spank my GT. An auto V6 at that.

My v6 whooped many gt asses
Anyday ill burn your wack ****
People love to talk ****. Apparently my GT is wack **** compared to his V6, when one of his selling points is that it supposedly sounds and performs like a GT. :lol Guess that makes it wack ****.

Just put your all into that launch and the shifting, and you'll probably get him. You should be able to go through the traps at around 5,500 +/- RPM in 3rd gear, where it'll still be pulling hard. Edit: Apparently a 320 HP '99 Cobra runs a 13.9. I'm sure some have gone quicker, but I didn't expect them to be so slow. A '98 has 20 less HP and I believe nearly 20 less LB-FT of torque. I think it'll come down to being a driver's race.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Get a set of drag radials and you'll have nothing to worry about. I have a friend that had a 97 with gears and exhaust and we couldn't get that thing to run a 13 no matter what (street tires btw). Same buddy bought a 04 GT with an auto and put long tubes and gears and ran 13.80s.

Just DONT run him from a roll. They do tend to trap about 2-3mph higher than a 2v and that will show up on a highway pull.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
If your a decent driver it could be a drivers race. Ive pulled a few bolt-on ones by a car or so (without spraying).

1 - 20 of 65 Posts