Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '98 Cobra with apprx. 96k miles. The only mods that I know of are a BBK CAI, a catted Bassani x-pipe and a Bassani catback. Once the car is warmed up and stopped, the idle drops from the normal 800 to about 400-500 for a second then bounces up to 1,000+. It settles back down to 800 only to repeat the process all over again a few seconds later. Also, sometimes when I hit the clutch the rpms drop so low it seems like the car is about to die but it just barely hangs in there. Any advice on what the problem might be?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Welcome to the MM bad ass mo fo forums man. My car does the same thing. I found a vacuum leak but havent fixed it to find out of that was the problenm. Have you cleaned your, maf, iac, checked for leaks, run codes?

·
Registered
218 Posts
def. a vaccuum leak OR it could be the PCV valve is stuck. Those things cost like 3 dollars and the factory ones are known to be garbage and made of plastic. You can get one with a metal plunge for like nothing. Id have to say those probably vaccuum leak or IAC needs cleaning. nothing serious though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts