Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help I'm bored with my auto.... LeAd me to the threads I need to make a swap happen.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Please help I'm bored with my auto.... LeAd me to the threads I need to make a swap happen.
Ever thought about doing a shift kit in the tranny? Its a night and day difference. Mine has a shift kit and i was really amazed at the difference.

·
Registered
470 Posts
autos are so boring!!! good choice to swap and GL it sounds hard!

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Nice try to help, but a S197 swap would be completely different from the SN95 swap...
oh ahaha my bad man, i honestly hardly read that i just saw tranny swap, its just a matter of switching your computer, fly wheel, run a clutch pedal. Its alot of work, not to hard but would be a great project.

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
lol yeah, its not that difficult, the hardest part I hear is running the wiring, it should only take 10-15 hours of manwork with a friend so I hear...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Its really not hard at all. My buddy and I traded...his 4R70W for my T45. It turned out to be a big mistake but at least I was smart enough to leave the manual pedals in place. Anyway you'll need the transmission, transmission wiring harness, drive shaft (or at least the correct yoke), pedals, clutch, flywheel, shifter, shifter bezel, throw out bearing, shiter cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster. You can keep the stop computer but you will need to have it the auto functions turned off in the computer. If you swap computers you will still need to have it tuned in order to turn the PATS off. Its pretty easy to do it in a day. In fact if you can get access to a lift you can have it done in a few hours. We had my buddy's car complete torn down in under 2 hours. Mine took a little longer going the other way because of my BBK long tubes and we had to modify the manual trans tunnel to work with the auto shifter.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you ask me, it's more trouble than it's worth. If you want a manual trans, I say buy one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts