Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering if how i can run 24lb injectors.... Without a tune? I have the 19lb injectors on right now with stock ecu and maf but what do i need to do to run 24lb can i just swap out the maf and injectors and be done?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is there a reason to do this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think that with a tune it produces the proper spray thru the selected size fuel injector. If you put on 24,s the amount of fuel for the proper spray would be comming out for the 19lb not the 24 and would not increase you fuel for your mods if any this may burn poorly.. Thats just what I think.

·
Registered
678 Posts
You can run 24# injectors with the stock MAF but you will need a tune to make it work right. What do you want to run the 24's?

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I just w anna kno if i can change the maf and injectors and the computer will be ok?

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump im gonna be making roughly 330whp now and i need to know if im gonna need to up to 24lb injectors, and what i need to make them work right

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes, you will need bigger injectors. I ran out of injector just shy of 300 RWHP. Thanks to modern tuning software you only really need a set of injectors but you could also get a properly calibrated MAF like a PMAS/Pro-M.

·
Registered
678 Posts
You are going to need tuning regardless because you are making a lot more power than stock. What are the details on the car?

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has a cobra swapped rebuilt with a 10.8:1 compression ratio, i was gonna get a tune anyways but not right away so i need to know if ill be able to drive it right away

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Like the others have already said multiple times, you'll need a tune to run the 24# injectors correctly. That is all there is to it.

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No thanks i have a set that i can get. But i was just wondering because with the fox bodys all you have to do is switch the maf and injectors and it changes by itself i dont know how the computers work in these cars.... what are stock 19lb ers goood up too hp wise

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well ill be way past 260.... So thats why i was looking for a diagram

·
Registered
246 Posts
No thanks i have a set that i can get. But i was just wondering because with the fox bodys all you have to do is switch the maf and injectors and it changes by itself i dont know how the computers work in these cars.... what are stock 19lb ers goood up too hp wise
19 pound injectors are good up to 305 hp !!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I would never run them up to 305hp then you would be using the full duty cycle of them .

1 - 20 of 54 Posts