Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the stock non pi motor in my 98 gt (automatic:() and i recently found a set of pi heads that come for the 99-04 gt's. it says they will fit my car year but it increases my compression ratio to 10:1. do i need to buy any kind of new pistons for that or can i keep my stock ones?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
If you are not planning on adding a supercharger anytime soon then your stock internals will work fine with the pi heads. Part of the extra power you get from a pi swap comes from the compression bump.

·
Registered
131 Posts
there no point of making this thread about pi head cam swap cause know will post... the best thing to do is use the search button.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Well, you should consider using at least the pi intake along with the pi heads. You will gain alot more power using the pi intake as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can keep the stock pistons.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im pretty sure i didnt say anything about pi intake swap. And when you do a head swap your still gonna have to mess with the cams

·
Registered
131 Posts
an really if you think about i did give you some good info "use the search button" It Helps out alot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If everybody used the search button there would be no new threads. I'm pretty sure every mustang issue has been discussed on here at one point in time. No need to give the guy lip for trying to learn something new. And to answer your question your stock pistons will be fine. Good luck with your build!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
because you keep getting back on this thread just to say useless things that have nothing to do with what i need.... dude let it be

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
because you keep getting back on this thread just to say useless things that have nothing to do with what i need.... dude let it be
white is correct - there are tons of threads that couldve answered your question for you without you starting a new thread.

i do believe he couldve worded it a little nicer, however.

that being said - both of you please take it to pm's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts