Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 98 gt 5 speed and I'm trying to find out what it will take to swap a 70' 302 in it and also if I can put a modern 90's fuel injection on it.. Does anyone know anything or who I could contact.. Thanx guys,
Preston

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hey I have a 98 gt 5 speed and I'm trying to find out what it will take to swap a 70' 302 in it and also if I can put a modern 90's fuel injection on it.. Does anyone know anything or who I could contact.. Thanx guys,
Preston
you'd be better off just swapping in a 87-up 302 if you're looking to be fuel injected. Actually, i'd reccomend just selling your car and buying a 94-95 GT for that matter..=/

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can make it a roller motor easily if you wanted to. you will need a k-member, computer set up from a fox or 94-95, maf conversion for a vein air set up, different cluster, i think power steering and brake booster set up, headers and mid pipe, and trans. i know there is a little more than that, but thats just off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
it really is somewhat of a waste of time..and money for that matter...it'd really be cheaper to sell your car and buy one with a 5.0 already in it. I could understand if it was a 99-04 or somethin...A car that never came with the 5.0 but a 98...i dont seen the point.

And a side note...a 04 crown vic engine is a 4.6...not a 5.0...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think i would just stay with the 4.6 but it is your mony your car do what you want

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
:wtf a waste of time to swap to a 5.0? the 5.0 has more n/a potential than a 4.6 2v could ever dream of! i was wanting to do a 5.0 swap in mine, but have reasons why i changed my mind.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a few people bought me some parts as a b-day gift that ive been wanting for a while. if i swap, those parts would be useless. plus i just got my built t45 in the car, and it would no work on anything but a modular.

·
Registered
994 Posts
it really is somewhat of a waste of time..and money for that matter...it'd really be cheaper to sell your car and buy one with a 5.0 already in it. I could understand if it was a 99-04 or somethin...A car that never came with the 5.0 but a 98...i dont seen the point.

And a side note...a 04 crown vic engine is a 4.6...not a 5.0...
what??? 98's r lighter than 99-04's so why do u htink it should b in that car?

neways nobody is thinking here, this guy could has a 70' 302 full racing motor already built and got it for free, we dont kno whats going on with this guy. the guy just asked how he can get the motor in the car

im not sure how to convert back to efi but as some1 else stated, use 90's 5.0 parts

but what i would suggest and u should really think about is a FAST fuel management system, it works wonders, from what i understand u wont have to worry so much about tunning

1 - 14 of 14 Posts