Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys as some of u know i am putting a twin turbo on my all stock 98GT including NPI heads...and i want to be around 375HP with a safe tune...so im wondering how much boost u guys think i will need to reach my goal? my installer said it should be pretty safe up to 10lbs and after that he thinks it will get to much pressure in the cylinders being NPI and therefore being unsafe? so were gonna start with 8lbs of boost and go up to 10lbs to reach my goal...what do u guys think, will i be able to reach it being NPI and still being safe? i ask this because i have heard some supercharged NPI GTs being lucky if they reach 300HP

·
Registered
590 Posts
You're going to have trouble without at the very LEAST a PI intake and some sort of cams...

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
yea dude at least put the PI intake on it...if your going NPI the whole way you will not get any flow what so ever....at least do the INTAKE. its an easy swap to do...

·
Registered
856 Posts
yep, intake or your screwed and will run out of breath very quickly and all that boost will be pointless. you're asking a lot to get from 180HP to 375HP with a completely stock engine.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
if your spending money on Twinny twin twins why not just upgrade to PI? it doesnt sound like money is an issue

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
single t-67 percision turbo 8-10 pounds of boost 31x12x3 intercooler 3 in in/outshould be ab le to do it with nice parts for under 3,000

fuel pump 100
clutch 500
intercooler 100
intercooler pipes couplers 100-150
blow off valve 45
turbo 800
injectors 300
maf250
oil feed return line 100
exhaust 200
welding misc. 200
tune 300
air filter 40
waste gate 200
areomotive for the fuel reg 120 part number# 13102

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
STOCK TWIN TURBO'D 2000
Stock rating at 260 fwhp / 302 fwtq
HP Turbocharged = 468 rwhp / 555 rwtq @ 8 lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
just like jlaw said money dont seem to matter why not just get forged crank rod pistons and a pi swap and be able to handle twice as much boost twice as much power for around another 3 grand have ar eal nice biuld instead of a shitty stock turbo engine

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
why does everybody always bring money into builds like this? Maybe he doesnt have the money. He could be pieceing the kit together very cheap.

He asked a question. ANd the intake was a good responce, but the bottom end isnt required to make 380 RWHP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1998 For Mustang GT

stock heads, comp cams and springs, detroit speedworks p.i. intake, je flattop pistons, manley forged h-beams, paxton novi 2000 w/ 2.75" pulley, paxton intercooler, 42 lbs. injectors, 255 lph intank, blow through setup, etc...

dyno 360 rwhp @ 4200 rpm & 427 ft. lbs. @ 3900 rpm all at 6.1 p.s.i.

i have pegged my boost gauge @ 15 p.s.i. but dyno pulls were cut short due to timing and air/fuel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok well ill let u guys know what i make when i get it back (hopefully this week) but thanks for all the help guys...and heres some pics of the progress on the car so far...enjoy

·
Registered
590 Posts
Lookin good man. Good luck to ya. Don't forget... $150 for the intake, you get at least 30hp :p Not bad tradeoff

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Lookin good man. Good luck to ya. Don't forget... $150 for the intake, you get at least 30hp :p Not bad tradeoff
i bet that intake would yead closer to 40 if not more with those twins

·
Registered
590 Posts
^ I agree... it's 20hp on a stock engine so it has to be alot more. I was aiming conservatively. I could understand though not wanting to run all that pressure through a system where the intake ports dont match the head ports.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
^ I agree... it's 20hp on a stock engine so it has to be alot more. I was aiming conservatively. I could understand though not wanting to run all that pressure through a system where the intake ports dont match the head ports.
yeah, but he can always get those plates and patch them perfectly....... someone was actually selling them on here recently.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes I will be selling mine as soon as I start my pi head swap this weekend. But I already have a potential buyer, if it falls through it will go in classified for sale.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts