Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 99 v6 will an 8.8 rear out of an 02 GT fit on my car without any fabrications having to be done? thanks sorry if this question comes up alot i used the search button but no luck.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Find one for your car. Just a sec I'll dig one up.

Ford Racing 8.8 Rear Ends - JEGS

Edit: Fail none of those are for your year. Lol but it should answer your question.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find one for your car. Just a sec I'll dig one up.

Ford Racing 8.8 Rear Ends - JEGS

Edit: Fail none of those are for your year. Lol but it should answer your question.
lol i just want to know if i take the 8.8 rear end out of an 02 GT will it bolt right up to my 1999 v6?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Notice how in the ad I posted above it says "05-up ford vehicles" instead of GT or 3.8? I would have to assume you would have no problem and am almost positive of it but would prefer that someone else could confirm that.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the rear ends will fit. even the earlier narrower rears, the control arm mounting is the same.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright so should i just take the rear end it self? or do i need the drive shaft shocks struts and brakes with it?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
brakes are the same, not 100% sure on the driveshaft. i think they are the same as well, but dont know.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
someone on here has already done that swap not sure who ... should try to find them and ask em try the v6 section .. i remember him putting up pics about it also in the pics section

1 - 10 of 10 Posts