Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i searched and found nothing sorry if its a repost but..

i have a 2002 mustang gt with a 5speed, i am buying a procharger kit and the guy offered me hes tuned computer, but it is for a late 2001 with a 5speed is there any numbers i can look for to make sure it will work? or do all of them work? do i just plug it in or do i have to do anything special?
Thanks!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arent there any smart people on here?:eek:

lol jk i am kinda like a 6yr old im impasiant:D

but i will wait...:sorry

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
i would say no, because your keys would have to be reprogramed for it. I had tried to swap computers and it threw a theft code.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
You need to check on your PCM...

Open up the pssenger side kick cover and see what the 4 digit code is...You will need this so you can have a tuner send you a "get to the dyno tune"...

Your Mustang's Computer Code (87-06+)

You will need to get it retuned though bro...His tune wont work...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok thanks! but can i ask why i am getting everyone of his parts and i see kits that com with computers and you send them your old one...

where is joe? he knows everything....JOOOE! where are you?? LOL

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
ok thanks! but can i ask why i am getting everyone of his parts and i see kits that com with computers and you send them your old one...

where is joe? he knows everything....JOOOE! where are you?? LOL
Do you have ANY different mods?

I doubt you guys will have the same computer code...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
no i am buying all of them he is going back to stock.
and why does the code matter like what is the difference not questioning you i am just tryin to learn and understand. but i would like more then one person because if i give him my computer he will knock off some money and i will just be running it tell i can save up for the wideband. and i dont think i will be driving it very much.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
You need to contact whoever tuned his car and ask him about this deal...I doubt he will change the numbers for free though...

So there is going to be no difference in the cars?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
none same gears and all and he does not know the guy he lost his number and i thought they where not vin locked or what number are you talking about?

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
none same gears and all and he does not know the guy he lost his number and i thought they where not vin locked or what number are you talking about?
Each computer has a 4 digit number on it...It is tuned for that number...

Click the link I posted it will tell you how to find it...

And I can bet the tuner locked the tune down just so someone couldn't switch the Computer numbers and run the same tune...You need to get a hold of the same tuner or get a new tune...

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Some things changed in 02 from 01. I forget exactly what they are, but swapping in an older ecu my work fine, but you could also be setting yourself up for may issues. Even with the same mods and the same year (and even the same ECU code) cars sometimes act differently. This is why custom tuning is important. If all cars reacted exactly the same way, then every canned tune would work great.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow joe thats why i like when you help my stupid ass....
thats really shitty ugh, fuk it savin up for the wideband and tunes (from TrickTuners) i guess it will take a bit longer then i thought.... Get the charger Sat cant wait i got a great deal atleast i think...
is there anything good or bad about blow through MAF? its a procharger stage2 intercooler.... its a Pro-M for 42#

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Wow...Its an echo...

The PRO-M is a good MAF...

And blow-through is fine as well...

Get a good dyno tune...

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I'm not a fan of pro m mafs. Lots of tuners wont tune them. I have only done one and it was right on the money (go figure). For blow thru its best to use the 05+ sensor with a mafia. Blow thru is usually better on IC'd centri blowers because they can sometimes have issues with maf backwash due to the bypass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts