Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever taken out the complete dash (gauges, wiring, ducts, etc..) in a 99-04 stang? If so, is the VIN tag attached to the dash? or is it safe to take out without messing up the VIN tag?. I was thinking of building an aluminum race dash for a track car. Just a thought!!!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
^LIE. I am thinking there is a hint of grand theft auto taking place. You wont get away with it. There are TONS of places you would never think of with the vin number stamped/labeled.

;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I see someone actually understood the question (2KCammed2v)!. I also thought about doing an interior swap to a different color if I decide to keep the car streetable. A couple of my friends have tried painting their dash but it just didnt come out to be correctly color matched. The aluminum dash thought was simply just for weight purposes, but not sure how much weight can be saved by having an aluminum with still having the weight of the wire harness.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I wouldn't think a whole lot of weight. Probably not enough to justify the time and money needed to do it.

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
surprisingly the metal frame that holds the dash together is quite heavy (40-50lb guess)

only thing i have left on my swap is a steering wheel and a set of seats

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wouldn't think a whole lot of weight. Probably not enough to justify the time and money needed to do it.
You'd be VERY supprised in how much your complete stock dash weighs!

surprisingly the metal frame that holds the dash together is quite heavy (40-50lb guess)

only thing i have left on my swap is a steering wheel and a set of seats

Yeah, Im pretty sure the complete dash is pushing atleast 75lbs.

I'm about to experiment on one and see how much I can cut out of it while still being able to botl up a steering colomn. Or I may fab up some brackets to bolt the colomn to the car, instead of to the dash mounts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.