Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive decided to finally paint my rear decklid black. i decided on using satin black(krylon)...just wanted to know what you guys think, and if you used something different please post pics, and my car is white so if anyone has a white car with black decklid please post with the info on what you used and picture..thank you everyone and have a nice day :D

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
I'd like to see how this comes out. I've been thinking about painting my spoiler and rocker panels flat black to match the mach 1 chin spoiler, sort of a Mach 1 tribute. I think it'd look pretty good, especially since they never made any Mach's in my color...

·
Registered
179 Posts
dont think this would look right..

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Did my spoiler gloss black with krylon... :dunno

I'd use gloss VINYL if I ever go with black decklid... That way it's reversible... Lol

·
Banned
17,374 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i order from rockymountain for my lower rear valance stripe,looked good till i realized that they didnt cut the edges the same,

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just want to do it with spray can to prove my buddys that it can be done correctly and neatly with great results, i plan on doing a lot of prep job and taking my time. i can always repaint it gloss black if i dont like it.

what is the difference form krylon satin black and krylon flat black. my guess is satin black has a bit more of a shine as to where flat black is almost like primer? never used satin black in my life, used plenty of flat black though, and i think it just looks too flat, haha

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and i meant repaint it gloss black with an actual paint gun and an actual booth and at an actual paint shop :tomato

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
well on my old v6 i painted it with krylon ultra-flat black...i redid it in regular flat black down the road :yes

btw...just protect from overspray with lots of newspaper :D

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I did mine in Krylon satin black and lightly tinted my tail lights (left them with a "softer" look instead of going for glossy). You can see it in my sig. Photobucket is being a bitch and won't let me at my pics right now :dunno

Edit:

When it was first done

Last fall

It was a rattle can job. Still looks the same today as it did over a year ago.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i just want to do it with spray can to prove my buddys that it can be done correctly and neatly with great results, i plan on doing a lot of prep job and taking my time. i can always repaint it gloss black if i dont like it.

what is the difference form krylon satin black and krylon flat black. my guess is satin black has a bit more of a shine as to where flat black is almost like primer? never used satin black in my life, used plenty of flat black though, and i think it just looks too flat, haha
that's easy to do...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
179 Posts
oops, i thought u were talking about painting the whole trunk lid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts