Modded Mustang Forums banner

99-04 mustang with 20” wheels

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  plumabob 
#1 ·
Hey,

First time posting but I have been creeping for a little while. While it seems to be the common opinion that the max rim size is 18” for a new edge mustang (I completely respect that opinion), I think it can be pulled off. Normally I wouldn’t post any of this but there are not a lot of pictures of new edge mustangs with 20’s on the internet, so it makes it even tougher to pull the trigger on a set. I had these put on last week,

Fronts
20x9 +25 offset. 275/30r20

rears
20x11 +20 offset. 305/30r20

gonna have to roll the rear fenders as the rear tires are getting struck by the inner lip of the fender. I ordered some Coilovers this morning to help stiffen things up and lower it down a bit to eliminate the wheel/fender gap. Let me know what you think

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Too big imo. There's a reason people don't run 20s and it's a function thing as well. Tires rubbing when turning ripping out wheel wheel dust covers come to mind. This gets even worse when lowered and turning sharp.

It also doesn't looking right. But to each there own. For me I try to mod not only visually but more importantly proper function of the car as a whole. I don't want to mod to decrease function and performance.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Same here. I guess I'm too old school to appreciate those very thin sidewalls on the tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.