Modded Mustang Forums banner

99-04 Saleen Rims - Value?

10K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  ChrisJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a set of 4 18x9 Saleen rims on a 2002 Mustang GT I bought. I am fairly sure they are authentic as they have Saleen embossed on the lip of each wheel.

I was wondering if there are any other ways to double check that they are authentic.

Also, I was wondering what a good asking price for them would be. They have normal curb scrapes on the outside of the rim, and one wheel has a little chip on the rim. Other than that they are great.

The tires need to be replaced and I have decided I would rather have black wheels, that's why I'm selling them.

Thanks for any input.

See less See more
#3 ·
For authentic Saleens? These are $1,899 a set at stage3motorsports which is the only place I know of that sells authentic Saleens for 99-04 mustangs, besides Saleen if they still do. This is just for the rims, no tires.

Replicas are $1200-$1300 with tires.

#11 ·
Man theres a guy selling some reps for 400 with tires, ive seen them as much as 900 for reps. Real ones can be cheap as hell with or without tires. Chrome ones are worth more than the plain silver. If you had 18/9 and 18/10 they would be worth quite a bit more. You only have the nines--I'd say 500 (125 a piece) because they are used. And yes they are REAL saleen rims. CHeck out pics of reps-- no saleen on them. Chekc the back side. I dont remember if it say it on the back but the lips makes them legit. How much do you want for them? I have cash let me know. Include tires.

#20 ·
The authentic saleens have different backspacing from the rear wheels and the front wheels. While they are not technically a staggard set they do look like one. If the wheels have the same offset from front to back they are replica's. I have seen replica's with the saleen stamp on the lip. Generally the saleen stamp will be rougher between the lettering on the fakes while the authentics will be a very polished finish across the entire surface. They should also have a saleen logo on the back of one spoke as well as the offset on the back of another.

#15 ·
Missing center caps brings the price down. Dont get a big head about thinking they are worth a bunch they are ony 9 wide.

Vince- a local guy here in VA. I mgith see him tomorrow (he's my neighbor lol) ill ask him again and get you his number.

#17 ·
authentic ones wouldn't be chrome.....yes?
they should be silver, or polished if im not mistaken?

and mayo, what sizes are they/how shitty of condition are we talking?
(i hope to god they're not chrome)

#19 ·
If you can get $500 for them all, that would be a good price imo. The only people that I think would care if they're real Saleen wheels is somebody with a real Saleen looking for replacement wheels. But then they would need repaired and refinished which is at least $ 150 per wheel. Plus the rears not being 18x10 doesn't help. And then the cost of Saleen center caps is another $80.

I think you would be better off keeping them and having them powder coated black.

#23 ·
didnt i just tell you they were real?

#26 ·
have they started pitting yet

#27 ·
FYI your teetering on the line of selling and asking info...Please dont overstep...

I would say $500 without tires is solid when you are able to sell them on here that is...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.