Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 19 Posts

· BYAHHHH!
18,912 Posts
i would keep the v6 engine and put forged internals. and a fat turbo with cam's and head's. it would be fast a balls. also the v6's i think have the 7.5 rear you would need to change it out to the 8.8 which is in the Gt's. i would also redo your suspencion to. shocks struts, springs the works. and a full exhaust system. and also some meety tires.
Yeah your right on the 7.5 rear end. GT's havethe 8.8

My suggest like stated above would be to get a GT and build that. If your get a motor built I would want it to atlest hold 600hp no problem. Also for look into a 4r70w or 4r75w....The c4 runs hot and I would only suggest for a track/MILD street car.

· BYAHHHH!
18,912 Posts
What? the c4 runs no hotter than any other auto. The torque converter used creates the heat in a auto(vast majority)
how could it not? Its a 3 speed with no overdrive. U are running high rpms more ofter which in turn makes heat

· BYAHHHH!
18,912 Posts
only input rpm is lower with od,output rpm and planetary's are spinning faster, the heat build up from planetary's are minimal, most of he heat is generated by the tc. The looser it is, the hotter it runs. having a lock-up converter on a o/d trans helps control the heat. Run an o/d trans without lock-up and see how long it lasts
so u admit they run hotter.

I bought a lockup converter

1 - 4 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.