Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My OEM tail lights are starting to look a bit beat up. So, I’m looking to get a new set.

I’m debating between a set of OEM tails or some aftermarket ones. The OEM ones are like triple the price of the aftermarket ones.

Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket tails? If so, how long have you had them and how are they holding up?

Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Since no one has answered I will, though I havent used them. But if theyre anything like aftermarket headlights fitment probably wont be great and theyll get condensation. Have you looked on ebay or an auto recycler like car-part?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of only ordering new lights, and not junkyard parts or take-offs.

I’m pretty picky about fitment and quality, so it’s looking like I should just suck it up and buy OEM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have not bought any replacement taillights either, but if they are anything like the oem style replacements i bought, it would be a good idea to add extra clear silicone around the spots where the clear plastic meets the housing. I bought a tube at home depot and just put on gloves to smooth it with my fingers. paper towels to clean up..

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Wonder what the shipping would be like from nj to ontario.. i have set with like 30,000 miles.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
If just get a decent set off Amazon, ensure fitment and if it's good run a bead of GE Silicone II around all the seams.

Personally I have the Raxiom 13 14 tails. Costly but it's probably the most complimented cosmetic item on my cars exterior. I have halogen bulbs installed with raxioms v2 led flasher. It flashes a tad slower then their v1 standard flasher for that true newer stand effect. I use a wired in eBay sequential kit as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys,

My OEM tail lights are starting to look a bit beat up. So, I’m looking to get a new set.

I’m debating between a set of OEM tails or some aftermarket ones. The OEM ones are like triple the price of the aftermarket ones.

Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket tails? If so, how long have you had them and how are they holding up?

Thanks!
Matt
You can get genuine OEM Ford tail lights on https://www.fordpartsprime.com/ at up to 45% off MSRP. I'd go OEM over aftermarket. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts