Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Mustang lovers! :D

I recently came across a 1999 Cobra SVT that's been pretty tricked out. He claims the chassis has about 160K miles on it, but the engine was rebuilt with a competition cam 50K miles ago as well as a new transmition less than 5K miles ago with aluminum flywheel and stage 2 clutch. Has a K&N filter, Bassani X-Pipe, full exhaust (doesn't say which brand though), Eibach Pro kit, tokico blue shocks, new radiator, the rear end was rebuilt with new 373 gears also has the newer 03/04 cobra rims on it with the matching brakes almost all new urathane bushings under the car has tan leather interior no rips the outside has a few small dents.

All for only $8000.

What do you experts think? Is it worth it? I love the Cobras and would love to get one. What are some things I should watch out for or look at? The car is about 45 minutes without trafic away from me, so I want to get as much info as I can before making the trip.

Any tips, suggestions, thoughts ect would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
all those modds means the car has been beat on and possibly its messed up......, but on the other hand it could be a nice car. also we need pics

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got photos from him. Kinda crappy cell phone pics, but I suppose it gives an idea. And you have a valid point about possibly being beat up, after all, he did come up front and tell me it has it's battle wounds.

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
This guy in so cal? if so i also hit him up he said he could not find the documents. for the rebuild so i said bs. it is clean thou

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is he in Irvine? If so it might be the same one, though he said it was a little banged up. Did you notice that and your saying other than a few flaws it looks good?.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
personally, I would pay 8k for it, but spend some money before you buy it to have it checked out by a mechanic through and through. itll cost about 100 bucks or so to have a place give a look at it. they might claim things are a little worse then they are, so just meet in the middle on the problems and go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, but car is clean. Heard of some scary problems on 99 cobras. Any suggestions what I should check before making an offer? What do you think of his price?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It's tan interior so it's not worth it :D

lol it does LOOK pretty clean

·
Registered
617 Posts
If the motor was rebuilt 5k miles ago I would say it's not a bad deal, if he can't provide paper work or a phone number to call and prove this then I would pass on it, probably lieing.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yea for 8k that sounds pretty good IF he has the papers for the rebuild.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts