Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be going to look at a 99 Cobra hopefully on thursday. This is all I know about it for now:
Its red, 5spd, 134000 miles. Ill be calling the guy tonight for more info before i go look at it. The pics of it look decent.
My question is what do you guys think is a good price and also what should I look for to see if it was well taken care of or just beat.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
depends on the area your in to be honest. i paid 11k for mine with 61k miles. i see them online for some areas go for as low as 9 or 8, but mine was a good median price. id pay no more than 8/5 or 9. thats a decent amount of miles.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
honestly, with this being my first stang, I dont know WHAT to feel for. haha

check for bodywork with a magnet in the normal places and get a carfax. then, find out what has been done when to the vehicle. 2 things that will let you not be guessing further down the road.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
look for leaking coming out of the rear diff. ride it out to like 3.5K in second and let it cost down to see if it pops out of gear, just all that kind of jazz

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
wouldnt pay more than 7500 thats alot of miles for a stang that probably saw some abuse at one point or another.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah actually i read that mustangs werent really designed to last much past 100k miles.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Make sure it has "the fix" from Ford that was done on the '99s. Take it to a shop and put it on a lift and have it inspected. Thats a lot of miles but ya never know, it may have been super maintained.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just bought a 99 Cobra With 135,000 miles for 6,000 the car is damn clean for the age and mileage and runs great, shifts like a dream (for stock) everything has been well maintained no noises in the motor. Biggest issue was a cracked wiper cowl (working on that) and throwing an ABS code but otherwise I'm very happy with my buy I think it will last my quite a while I generally only have to drive less than 80 miles a week and that's mostly interstate. So I say as long as everything is in order go for it.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
No way I'd pay more than $8k for a 99 with that many miles. $7K is more like a decent price. And I really don't think I'd pay more than $7K, honestly.

·
Registered
417 Posts
yeah actually i read that mustangs werent really designed to last much past 100k miles.
BS. Plain and simple. These ain't the days of the big blocks that needed an overhaul at 50K miles. I cracked open my 155K mile 4.6 and it looked like brand new. And that 155K body is still doing fine, no problems at all with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts