Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the search button didnt help me much i just wanted a straight to the punch answer, thanks. would you go down to 3.73 gears? i had 4.10 i like them but i get slow top speed which i hated

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I've only had two gear sets in Mustangs. Stock and 4.10. They're stock when I buy them, then I install 4.10s. Are the shifts quick? Yes. Top speed lowered.... not so much.... why would you be running 140+ mph any way?

Some like 3.73... probably more so than my love for 4.10s. Just my opinion.... not much reason in changing from 3.27 to 3.73. Again, just my opinion; it's not the gospel.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wouldnt be going 140+ haha but just saying i got up to 130 with my 4.10 and i felt a wierd vibration on the slowing down

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
i wouldnt be going 140+ haha but just saying i got up to 130 with my 4.10 and i felt a wierd vibration on the slowing down
If the vibration was only evident after the 4.10 installation either the gear backlash or pinion pre-load is incorrect. Ratios dont create noise or vibration, improper installation and set up does.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
4.10 or bust

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Troll :popcorn

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
i got 3.73's very disappointed in them, will be switching to 4.10's after my cam install

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
i got 3.73's very disappointed in them, will be switching to 4.10's after my cam install
Wait until you get the 410's you will be even more disapointed.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Wait until you get the 410's you will be even more disapointed.
I literally just fell out of my recliner laughing. I'm in a unique mood tonight.... well I have been for the last two nights as you know Pate. I'm in a very laughable mood at this point. Keep up the snappy comments.:bubba:

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
how well would the 4.10 gears work in a 5spd would the shifts be too quick?
Autos need 4.10s because of their high first gear ratio. Manual transmissions are a different beast. For some people first gear is too short, for others its not. There are gear threads on this forum all the time. While some people love 4.10s, others have actually hated them enough to take them out.

I believe you should pick the gear that best fits how you use the car. I'm running 3.73s which I believe is the perfect gear for my car.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I literally just fell out of my recliner laughing. I'm in a unique mood tonight.... well I have been for the last two nights as you know Pate. I'm in a very laughable mood at this point. Keep up the snappy comments.:bubba:
LOL I hope I wasnt being a smart ass, Its just that in the last 12 months I have been through 3 different superchargers upgrading, 3 different gear ratios, and 3 motor swaps so I was flashing back to one of my swaps thinking yup he isnt going to be able to tell that big of a difference.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
LOL I hope I wasnt being a smart ass, Its just that in the last 12 months I have been through 3 different superchargers upgrading, 3 different gear ratios, and 3 motor swaps so I was flashing back to one of my swaps thinking yup he isnt going to be able to tell that big of a difference.
I took it as smart ass. As you are well familiar I am one..... so I tend to take things in that manner when they aren't.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Your mind is just smoked since you and Zinc have been debating for 2 days lol.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Your mind is just smoked since you and Zinc have been debating for 2 days lol.
You ain't shittin'! I'm ready to swallow my Glock!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts