Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy has a 99 Gt that we have been fighting with after engine troubles and what not. well now his tranny is acting up and after a shop looking at it told us he has a Japanese tranny and not the T-56. is there any truth in this?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
:wtf

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
A t-56 is a cobra tranny, so it shouldnt have it either.

I couldnt imagine getting a jap tranny to fit a mustang.... but if anything like stated above it should have a t-5.

if its japanese then that would be your problem. Not to say its probably not more reliable than a ford tranny, but Ford and Honda dont really mix all too well. :p

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
No, not a T-5. A T-45.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok my bad on the numbers, thats what i thought that they all had a T- whatever number tranny in em. this dude that he took it to claims there were two trannys in the mustangs, one made in japan. I said BS, but i wanted to make sure

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok my bad on the numbers, thats what i thought that they all had a T- whatever number tranny in em. this dude that he took it to claims there were two trannys in the mustangs, one made in japan. I said BS, but i wanted to make sure
no and nope... the T-45 was in the stang from 96-mid 01 when they changed it to the TR-3650 and they are both made by Tremec and no jap. trans in the stang...

I would tell this guy to piss off and that he has no clue what the hell he is talking about and never take a car to him again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts