Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right after i start the car it turns off. its a manual so could it be the clutch and how could i check if the clutch is good.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Do you have any codes?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any codes?
i have not checked i will take it to autozone tomorrow. do you know if a bad clutch would cause the car to shut off like that or might it be a bad fuel filter because it happened when i was at the gas station right after i filled it up.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
As long as the clutch is disengaged, I don't see it being a problem when turning the car on. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
485 Posts
thanks for the reply is there any possibilty it could be the clutch or it has nothing to do with it because the car drives perfectly fine.
As others have said. As long as the clutch is disengaged, I don't see it being anything with the clutch

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Yeah sounds vacuum related if anything. Should throw a code, though sometimes not. Check all your hoses and intake and listen for air leaks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
What was the actual code? An EGR valve issue could cause a rough idle (if the valve is stuck open), but it isn't likely to be the problem here. If the IAC is the issue, holding the throttle slightly open would keep the engine running.

It could also be the FRPS, a vacuum leak, etc. We need more information.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts