Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm thinking about getting this 99 gt with 140k, i have a 94 3000gt sl and i want something faster but cant afford a vr4 .I'm not sure on any mods the mustang haves but let's say it's stock. How much hp to the wheels should it be pushing now after its age and mileage, also what would be some average 0-60 and 1/4 times for a decent driver ? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Welcome to the site. The search function does wonders for these questions but is your car auto or manual? Auto expect 210-220 rwhp and if its manual 220-230. Not sure 0-60 but 1/4 and completely stock im assumimg high 13s low 14s. Im not 100% sure because mine was never a stock gt. I went from stock v6 to built 5.0. Lol

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I think it depends alot on your areas elevation too. Here at 2000 feet and with all my bolt ons, I hit 14.4 on a 98 degree night. I went back with the temps 20 degrees cooler and with drag radials and was able to hit 13.9. All the stock 99-04 GT's were hitting in the 15 second mark. There were 10+ 99-04 GT's there and they all were running about that. Not to mention I drove my car 2 hours to the track so the car itself was hot too.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I live jersey but Im not sure on elevation, and really 15s?

Being in NJ I would guess 13.8-14.3 for a stock GT depending on driver.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Lol nice and yea it's 5spd, what's the fun in a auto
Slap a 2.1L Kenne Bell and 4.10's on an 4R70W and see how fun it is, and easy to destroy tires.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
If your car is a coupe and a 5 speed, 0-60 can be achieved in 5.5 seconds at sea level, at best.

However, a metric **** ton of factors can determine this figure

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If your car is a coupe and a 5 speed, 0-60 can be achieved in 5.5 seconds at sea level, at best.

However, a metric **** ton of factors can determine this figure
Being in NJ I would guess 13.8-14.3 for a stock GT depending on driver.
GTs are slow as ****.
No not really. It's just there are faster cars nowadays. Stock a New Edge is as fast as a stock 1968 Shelby Cobra GT-500KR (428 ci Cobra Jet motor). It was in '67-68 that I stood in a showroom looking at those twin 4-bbl carburators just dreaming of owning one. 13s were considered pretty dang fast back then. The "King of the Road" Mustang is reported to run 0-60 in 5.4 seconds and the quarter at 14.0 @ 101. It didn't take much to get into the 13s though.

Musclecarclub.com - Ford Mustang - History
http://www.shnack.com/history/1968

·
( o )( o )
276 Posts
I live jersey but Im not sure on elevation, and really 15s?
Run at Atco or E-Town. Avg times I usually see there were right around 14.4-14.0 with a good driver for the stock NE. BTW, I am just going off of test & tune nights. Atco and E-Town are considered two of the fastest tracks on the east coast. We are pretty much at sea-level with those two. Island is ok, way less people but I run worst times there. Go to Island if you want more seat time. Head South if you are looking for your PBs.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
My gt is actually not that slow. Faster then most cars on the road. But cars are becoming faster by the day and soon, I will not be faster then most cars. :facepalm:

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
It's not a bad upgrade from what you have. It will feel a lot faster for sure.

Just don't expect to beat any new 5.0s with out some mods.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
3000 dollars worth of mods :lmao

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yeah when our cars came out, they were actually decently quick. Even when compared to GM's muscle cars and pushrod motors making a lot more power, our cars did a damn good job staying in close to them.

Notice how I said quick, and not fast :shiftyeyes

1 - 20 of 41 Posts