Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im having an arguement with this lady. she has a 99 Mustang GT, and she's arguing hardcore that her car has a 290c.i. Windsor engine, that she knows her car in and out. Heres her exact words..

"For all of your information the 35th anniversary mustangs have the 4.6 Windsor (made at the Windsor plant) not the other Romeo engine that is all other mustangs, it was special only for that year. Obviously you can use a computer so why don't you google the 35th anniversary mustangs and see for yourselves that it is the Windsor. Also, I had to replace the engine this past year and they had to put a new crate engine in the car so I would think that I know what is in it. Yes they had to put the Windsor in the car not the Romeo because of it being a 35th Anniversary car. Oh and to let you know I have done all my research on my car so you are not going to be able to say anything that I don't already know"

I told her that its a 281. Now is there something special about the 35th anniversary edition besides cosmetic differences?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
she selling it?

maybe the put a 290 in the swap?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, she's not selling it. She's claimin that her mustang came stock witha 290

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
oh lol how old?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
she just dont know. If i was you, id just go along with her if youre really interested int he car and its a good deal. ask her for some reciepts? I have a windsor in my 00 gt but its not 290 c.i.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
oh nm, not for sale. SHe is high.

·
Registered
566 Posts
35th Anniversary have same hp/torque . They do have a Windsor but its just a 281 like the romeo. Just different valve cover bolt pattern.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, why did they switch the block? is the windsor better than the romeo?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
romeo plant burnt down so they had the windsor plant make the 99/00 stang motors.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
^he does have one and it is SEEEXXXXXY... especially that big black box under the hood name kenne bell!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^^ bwahahahha true dat!! :yes

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
she is on crack its a 281 2V 4.6 Windsor....a 290 ci i have never even heard of a ford 290... i know they have the old school 289 which is close but i know its not that and the only 290 ci engine i know of is the old school AMC

·
Registered
566 Posts
Oh yeah, in addition to the valve cover bolt patterns being different, the windsor 4.6 has pressed on cam gears and the timing cover bolts are larger.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I never heard of a 290 Windsor block.

The 99 GT Limited Editions only had an appearrance package that was different from all the other GT's.

Original Owners of the 99 GT Limited Edition also received a Mustang book, a 3 CD set, 60,70,80's music, a round CD case with Mustang logo, and a Mustang decal.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I never heard of a 290 Windsor block.

The 99 GT Limited Editions only had an appearrance package that was different from all the other GT's.

Original Owners of the 99 GT Limited Edition also received a Mustang book, a 3 CD set, 60,70,80's music, a round CD case with Mustang logo, and a Mustang decal.
Don't forget the model, we also recieved a die cast replica of our car.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
She's wrong. Tell her my car is prettier than hers. Then just agree with her, and PIIHB.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
another old thread revival lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts