Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guess im really just here to vent a little. i started out the day trying to figure out the squeaking noise in the rear driver side brake rotor/ pads or whatever. so i took the tires off looked for any rubbing marks cleaned everything made sure everything was tight then went off to watch some races. on the way there my third gear started grinding, think its my syncro not sure, only does it every now and then. cops pulled over all the cars on the way out and i honestly didnt race cause i was scared to **** up my tranny. so they tried to give us all tickets but let us off with a warning. on the way home a buddy is driving behind me and tells me to pull over because my wheel is wobbling on the rear driver tire. things arent looking good for me $$$ wise. seeing as im graduating high school this may and college is around the corner, low paying job, and i got my eyes on the prize for a 4 valve motor for $1500! what to do?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
did you check to see why it was wobbling?

I honestly would save your money on the Mark VIII and just stick with what you got.... or at least just build it

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Sounds like you didn't tighten the lug nutts enough. I would just fix your problems and stick to your original motor. If it blows or has some other catastrophic failure then upgrade to a 4 valve. Being in highschool and getting ready for college is not a good time to be trying to build a race car.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
the 4v wont tighten your wheel

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have to agree with everyone above, stick to your current engine, and it sounds like you better get college degree, because you suck as a mechanic if you didn't tighten down those lug nuts enough.

I know your young and learning, but pay attention to what you're doing on your car. Good thing you weren't racing or you might have killed yourself or a freind with a loose rear wheel.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i torqued all my lug nuts, and im not trying to do the 4 valve swap right now, just trying to save up to buy the motor while i can get it for this price, its not a mark VIII its an terminator 4 valve with the forged rotating assembly and 04 heads, i might be young but i know a fairly good bit about mechanics, i built my first 350 when i was 13, still runs today without one problem.

·
Banned
416 Posts
If youre such a mechanic, can you tell us why your wheel was wobbling? Lmao

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you must think your some kind of badass cause you have a cobra? i dont think so.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
you must think your some kind of badass cause you have a cobra? i dont think so.
We're just teasing a little bit, no need to get offensive (or defensive - "I built my first... 13 years old..."). If the nuts aren't the problem, give us some more info, we can't help you without you helping us a little. Lift the car, does the tire have a lot of play up and down or left and right? About the brakes: Are the pads seated properly? I installed mine wrong once and it squeaked all the time until I finally just decided to take it off and realized that what a dolt I was. Also, did you use some kind anti-squeal?

I second everyone else anyway, don't get a mark VIII motor (especially not for that price...). Stick with the 2v if you're determined to mod it, otherwise get a different car. Hold onto that $1500. I wish I had going into college. Trust me, you'll thank yourself later. If the girl in your profile pic is your girlfriend, take her out someplace nice for graduation with some of that money. You don't have to listen to my opinions or anyone else's, and we're not going to convince you of anything you've got your heart set on, but: "Listen to the opinions of others! We all see the same sky but we don't always have the same horizon."

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
unbalanced wheel seen **** like that on my boys iroc replace inner outter tie rods bushing etc problem sloved

·
Registered
601 Posts
My only question/concern ... is that NONE of the problems you mentioned having are at all engine related. Replacing the engine would simply give you a 4V Mustang with the same exact problems.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
My only question/concern ... is that NONE of the problems you mentioned having are at all engine related. Replacing the engine would simply give you a 4V Mustang with the same exact problems.
I think he only mentioned it because he's afraid that the other issues will cause problems that will force him to use money that he saved for his engine. I don't think he mentioned it as a possible solution, just an exasperated remark.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Absolutely not, Mr. Mechanic. I think I am a badass because my wheels don't wobble! :D So pretty much, everyone in this thread is a badass except you, for now. I hope you get your issues resolved! :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
OK, the bickering stops now. There will not be another post poking fun at his mechanical skills or him not having a Cobra. This is a tech thread, keep discussions on topic.

unbalanced wheel seen **** like that on my boys iroc replace inner outter tie rods bushing etc problem sloved
He said it was the rear wheel, do I don't think it's tie rod bushings.

If it was my car, I would jack up the rear and push/pull on the wheel. See how much it wobbles. It could be anything from a bent rim to a destroyed wheel bearing.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
just b/c your lugs are tight doesnt mean the wheel is flush, could be caught under/on a lug or something keeping it cockedeyed. Did you not feel the wheel not running a true path when driving. Have you slid/hit anything with the rear axle/wheel lately?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts