Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the overall advantages and disadvantages of removing A/C and Heating? Id appreciate power and weight numbers too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't have any numbers, but I'm telling you right now you'll regret ditching the AC unless this is only a race car. I didn't have a working AC for about 6 months... it was a damn hot summer....

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Weight, and cleaning out the engine bay is the only real advantage i see.

But keeping the a/c doesn't cost you any power when its turned off, it just like having a free spinning pulley. If you get rid of your heater, your not going to have defrost, and that my friend i think is a must, regardless of where you live. If it were me id keep them both, but again that's just me. And if you ever decide to sell the car, it will be easier to sell if it has a working a/c and heater

·
Registered
458 Posts
I did it to my car for weight savings and to clear up space under the dash and hood/ clean up the firewall. I wouldnt do it on a DD though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No big gains on a street car and not worth it IMOP. On a show car or a track car that you drive once a month maybe but on something you drive on a regular basses i would leave it on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will keep it in then. What are sum suggested upgrades for the Heating and Cooling system then? Also Does anyone make a center A/C vent gauge pod holder for maybe 1 gauge and still have little vents on the side to still let the air through?
And FIRAGA how are those Tokico shocks?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes gaugeplates.com has some good stuff for the fox body. As for heating and cooling upgrades your stock system should be fine unless you are having problems with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts