Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one here have a A/C delete. If so do you have a pic of the pulley bracket.

I am wondering because I am thinking of making my own. But it is hard to pull the compressor off to make up parts on a car that is my DD.
So pics would be great.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
you'll want to get the refrigrant out..however its spelled
966boy has one on his car
go to v6power and look inhis black magic thread under projects

the compressor is easy to get off. just when your disconnecting the a/c lines if the refrig/freeon isnt out...you'll have a nice green motor

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its really so cheap its like why not just buy it?
will those ones from summit work on out cars?

bucause SSM has it for 90 witch is more then i wana pay. because i know i cpould make one for less.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
just get a sorter belt and delete the pulley

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ssms is a rip you can get it at ford much cheaper
ya i know ssm is a rip off that is why i was gana make it but ill look in to the ford thing because if it is less monye or the same as what it would cost to make it then ill go with that.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exactly, why not do that? wut kind of weight reduction and hp gains would you see from removing the a/c?
well my a/c dosn't work so it is complete dead weight, and some one wieghed there's after they removed it and it was about 25lbs.

also GF have you done the shorter belt trick because i was looking at it and it loked like the belt would rub on the water pump pulley

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
well my a/c dosn't work so it is complete dead weight, and some one wieghed there's after they removed it and it was about 25lbs.

also GF have you done the shorter belt trick because i was looking at it and it loked like the belt would rub on the water pump pulley
well you understand what is going on, ac delete is for getting rid of dead weight

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
well my a/c works now, i just replaced the compresssor last summer, so i guess me no deletey

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i use it on maybe a 95 degree day, but in nj, we dont get those but a handful of times a year lol

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i use it on maybe a 95 degree day, but in nj, we dont get those but a handful of times a year lol
ya i know what you mean i bout my car 3 years ago and it has never worked and i am doing fine so i think it is time to save me some weight.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

can't the belt routing wont work... and the water pump is one way
i did it on mine, mainly for race days never left it off long so IDK about the rubbing I never had issues with it, it takes about 30 mins to pull the compressor, and you have to route the belt differently ust takes some thinking

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
ya i know what you mean i bout my car 3 years ago and it has never worked and i am doing fine so i think it is time to save me some weight.
and free up some hp :)

i think im gonna do the same, if i ever wanna change it, i can always put it back in easily

1 - 20 of 39 Posts